InformationRoadtrip.com is a useful companion for the automobile traveler with advice that will make your next roadtrip more enjoyable and stress-free.
A Few Fun Facts
Did you know…
- The most direct line of travel through a city is designated by two-digit highway number.
Connecting or by-pass routes that often go around a city have a three-digit number.
- Every state capital is served by the interstate highway system except for five: Juneau, Alaska; Dover, Delaware; Jefferson City, Missouri; Carson City, Nevada; and Pierre, South Dakota.
- The longest interstate highway is I-90, from Seattle to Boston, at 3,085.27 miles. The shortest is I-97 from Annapolis to Baltimore, Maryland at 17.57 miles.
- Even highway numbers run east-west. Odd highway numbers run north-south.
- There is only one state without an interstate highway, Alaska.1