And if it isn’t, it should be!
Don’t get caught doing something stupid! Make sure to follow the rules of the road.
- Seat belts are mandatory for passengers in the front seat of vehicles. Seat belt laws vary by state. For more information check the Governers Highway Safety Association website.
- Children through 3 years of age must be restrained in a car seat.
- Day or night, headlights must be turned on in the rain.
- Drivers must carry proof of mandatory personal injury (liability) protection insurance coverage.
- Pets must NEVER be left in cars (that goes for kids too!). Animals are highly susceptible to heat exhaustion, which can be fatal. On a warm day, the temperature in a parked car can reach 120° F in a matter of minutes–even with the car windows partially open.