What are the benefits of renting a car versus driving your own vehicle?
- No added mileage or wear and tear on your vehicle.
- If a rental car breaks down or if you are in an accident, you will receive a replacement rental car. No waiting on repairs and your vacation can continue immediately.
- If you’re afraid your car isn’t up to a long trip, rental cars are kept in good condition.
- If you have a small vehicle without much leg room, seating capacity or luggage space, rent a larger vehicle.
- Just want to have a fun vacation car, rent a convertible or a SUV.
Did you know…
As the legend goes, the first car rental in U.S. history occurred in 1916 when Joe Saunders of Nebraska lent his Ford Model T to a traveling salesman who was late for a date. But the first rental car company was started by Walter L. Jacobs in 1918. At the young age of 22, Jacobs bought a dozen Model T’s, which he began renting throughout Chicago. By 1926, he was so successful that the company was purchased by John Hertz, where it became the famous “Hertz Driv-Ur-Self” System. Since then, the concept has been used all over the world.